The Ambassador of Iwoland in a partnership with the Federation of Iwo Land Students’ Union (FILSU) Crestfield chapter in a one-day leadership summit tagged “building community in your organization.”
The summit was organized to sensitize the students of Iwoland at Crestfield College of Education, Erin Osun and all the youths at the event. It was a massive programme as over 200 students were in attendance coupled with august guest lecturers, youths from Iwoland, associations, politicians, commissioners and other government parastatal officials.
READ ALSO: Scholarship: The Ambassadors of Iwoland Partners with NAOS Ola-Oluwa to give Free JAMB Forms to Students
Also, it was an amazing experience memorable occasion at the Crestfield student premises on November 24, 2021 as the former FILSU National President Comrade Balogun AlbdulHamid, Busari Aderonke of Idea Textile and Tadese Abdullahi from the Deputy Governor’s Office were among the panellists to discuss the topic “Building a Community in an Organisation” at the Maiden Edition of the Leadership Summit organized by the Federation of Iwoland Students Union, Crestfield Chapter, Erin Osun in partnership with the Ambassadors of Iwoland.
Engineer Mumini Olabamiji who is the Special Advisers to the Osun State Governor on Rural Development and Communities Affairs was the chairman of the day at the leadership summit.
Also, Honourable Uzamot Aliu – Honourable Representing Iwo at the Osun State House of Assembly and the CEO of HMB Interior & Exterior Design, Balogun Mariam, were decorated with awards.
Hon Mudasiru Toogun advised the students the need to keep speaking the Yoruba language which is our mother tongue. He also said in building a good community, there must be peace and collectivity of progress.
The Registrar Crestfield College of Education, Erin Osun, Mr Fadiju M. T said: “To achieve this, a leader must pay keen attention to what is happening in his community. He must have a listening ear, by doing this the results will be positive.”
The Senior Special Assistant to Governor Gboyega Oyetola on OMEALS, Alhaja Fauziyat Olaniyan in her goodwill message to the students said: “You need to reach out to people. You need to talk friendly with people. Also, you need people to appreciate you for who you are and appreciate your organization. Building a community of people of like minds and be honest while talking to people.”
The representatives of the Ambassadors of Iwoland at the leadership, Comr Kunmi Gadama and Bukola were impressed with the massive turnout of the students and invited guests.
In attendance were dignitaries like;
- The Chairman of the day: Engr Mumini Olabamiji, who is the Special Advisers to the Osun State Governor on Rural Development and Communities Affairs.
- Honourable Uzamot Aliu – Honourable Representing Iwo at the Osun State House of Assembly.
- Hon. Oguntola Mudasiru – The Chairman of Committee on Peaceful Co-existence Between Fulani/Bororo and Crop Farmers in the State of Osun.
- Barr. Olubukola Olaboopo – Commissioner on Women, Children and Social affairs in Osun state – represented by Mr. Adejare Ridwan
- Alhaja Fauziyat Folakemi Olaniyan – the Senior Special Assistant to Governor Gboyega Oyetola on OMEALS
- Comrade Kehinde Ayantunji – Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to Osun State Governor on Students’ Affairs and Social Mobilisation.
- Mr Fadiju M. T – Registrar College of Health Crestfield
- Mr. Alli Adetayo – Director, Crowee International School, Iwo
- Hon. Mariam Balogun – The CEO of HMB Interior & Exterior Design
- Busari Aderonke – The CEO of Idea Premium Textile Design
- Mr. Tadese Abdullahi – Official from the Deputy Governor’s Office
- Comrade Abeeb Muyiwa – Former FILSU National President