The Mayegun Musulumi of Iwoland, Mayegun Khalid Debọ Badru, has donated One Million, Five Hundred Thousand Naira to support the reconstruction of Iwo Central Mosque.
Mayegun Debọ Badru made the donation today at the palace of Oluwo of Iwo, Oba (Dr.) AbdulRasheed Adewale Akanbi during a gathering/meeting of prominent Iwo Sons & Daughters for deliberations over the reconstruction of the oldest mosque in the South-West, Nigeria.
The founder and CEO of El-Amin Iwo Nigeria Limited commended Oluwo for putting up a committee and saddled them with the responsibility of reconstructing the Central Mosque and urged the committee to use their wealth of knowledge and collective influence to help attract people from all over the world for contributions morally, spiritually and importantly, financially towards the cause.
“Charity they say begins at home and as a noble son of the Amin Dynasty, I’m donating a token of One Million, Five Hundred Thousand Naira (N1,500,000) to support the Dr. Sirajudeen Bilal Al-Asrah led committee to reconstruct the sacred mosque which I called “our image”.
Mayegun then appealed to everyone to cooperate with the leadership of our father, the Oluwo of Iwo and Iwo Central Mosque Reconstruction Committee for the betterment & development of Islam and Iwoland.
Others who were at the meeting apart from Oluwo of Iwo and Mayegun Debọ Badru are;
1. The Wazeer of Yorubaland, Sheik Yakub Abdul-Baqi Mohammed (Commitment Member)
2. Al-Mufti of Yorubaland, Sheik Imran Daud Molasan
3. Otunba of Iwoland, Otunba
4. Osun APC Secretary, Hon. Kamorudeen Olabisi Alao
5. Hon. AbdulGafar Akintayo Amere
6. Senator Adelere Oriolowo
7. Iwo East LCDA Chairman, Hon. Tiamiyu Kamaldeen Adesina
8. Gbobaniyi of Iwoland, Alh. AbdulJeleel Omogbolahan
9. The President, Shar’ia Law of Nigeria, Alhaji AbdulRasheed Adiat
10. Barrister Tewogbade Taofeek (Committee Member)
11. Dr. Niyi Oriolowo
12. Hon. Rahman Lawal Abiola
13. Engr. Mumeen Raifu Olabamiji
14. Alhaji Azeez Mutiulahi Mutex
15. Alhaji AbdulRauf AbdulBaqi Mohammed and others.