The Federation of Iwoland Students Union (FILSU) is set to Host the 7th honourable Speaker of the Osun State House of Assembly, His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Timothy Owoeye as a keynote speaker at an event tagged FILSU Legislative Summit’21 on the 28th of October, 2021.
The summit as gathered is an initiative of the Legislative Arm of the union and aimed to examine the different challenges facing our community, provide workable guidance and services opportunities that can further enhance the educational and social-political being of Iwoland students.
The summit is also aimed at bridging the gap between the public functionaries, community elites and the students in a bid to stimulate a lasting impact focused on unity and operations towards a sustainable community.
The summit as proposed will also be an avenue to leverage statutory functions of legislation towards better governance.
In expectations from the summit are these objectives, which have been identified and juxtaposed as practicable in reviving students sportsmanship and also enhancing community development;
- To improve understanding of legislation and its effect on governance.
- To improve students’ inclusion in community programs as a way of maintaining peaceful co-existence.
- Ensuring prompt and adequate planning towards achieving academic goals for students.
- Improve students’ welfare and full concerns by public office functionaries.
- To discuss the sustainability of every potential challenge young people can experience as they prepare for life.
Thus, the summit will be one of the tools to be used in addressing some critical issues with its laid programs. The summit booths have been highlighted to be in 3 segments;
- The Speakers Section
- Panelist Section
- Networking/Interactive Section.
As gathered, the felicitation of the summit has been stimulated with the support of Hon. Usamot Halil Adebayo (Dodo), the Honourable representing Iwo state constituency at the Osun State House of Assembly and some other notable personalities in the community.
THE FILSU LEGISLATIVE SUMMIT’21 PROGRAM IS SCHEDULED TO HOLD AS FOLLOW;
DATE: OCTOBER 28, 2021
VENUE: IWO CITY HALL
TIME:10:00 AM PROMPT