AMOBI ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE GREEN CHAMBER WITHIN 365 DAYS [JUNE 11TH, 2019 – JUNE 11TH, 2020]
Hon. Amobi Yinusa Akintola under the All Progressives Congress (APC) platform won the 23rd February 2019 to represent Ayedire/Iwo/Olaoluwa Federal Constituency at the Green Chamber of the National Assembly.
The Returning Officer, Prof. Rufus Adedoyin declared Alhaji Amobi Yinusa Akintola as the winner of the House of Representative having polled the highest number of votes. Hon. Amobi Yinusa polled 29,229, Alhaji Mudasir Lukman under the PDP platform polled 21,608 while Alhaji Adiatu Olaposi of the ADP came third with 17,624 votes.
In his manifesto before the election, he shared his mission and vision and promised to lead without discrimination and segregation. Also, he promised not to take the trust of his constituents for granted but work daily to achieve his vision and mission and that has been his watchword and today.
To commemorate his 1 year in the Green Chamber as the honourable member representing Ayedire/Iwo/Olaoluwa Federal Constituency, he rolls out the achievements and impacts he has made so far.
The following were posted on his social media account to ensure the people of his constituency are informed on what he has done both in and out of the chamber.
ON COMPLETE, TRUE & EFFECTIVE REPRESENTATION OF AYEDIRE/IWO/OLAOLUWA FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY
Hon. Amobi Yinusa Akintola who is a Member of Selection Committee, Appropriation, FRSC, FCT Area Council and Auxillary Matters, Defence, NDDC, Solid Minerals, Tertiary Institutions and Services, and Health Institutions has achieved the underlisted Bills and Motions in a year even as a first-term parliamentarian. This includes:
– A Bill on the establishment of Federal College of Education, Iwo, Osun State (Establishment) Bill, 2019. HB 398 ~ First Reading [29/10/2019]
– A Bill for an act to establish Federal College of Education, Iwo, Osun State (Establishment) Bill 2019 (HB 398) ~ Second Reading [14/11/2019]
– A Bill for an Act to Establish Federal College of Agriculture in Ayedire/Iwo/Ola-Oluwa Federal Constituency (Establishment) Bill, 2019 (HB.533) ~ First Reading [14/11/2019]
– A motion on The Need For Commercial Banks To Stop Casualization of Staff.
– A motion on rehabilitation and reconstruction of the Gbongan-Iwo-Oyo road.
– Also, a motion to Revitalise and Upgrade the Aquaculture Transfer Technology Centre, Oluponna.
– A motion on The Need for the Construction of Kuta-Ede Road and a Bridge over Osun River along the Road in Osun State.
– A Motion on the need to combat threatening environmental degradation in Kuta, Ikoyi & Iwo in Ayedire/Iwo/Ola-Oluwa Federal Constituency in which he resolved and urge the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) to supply relief materials to the victims of the affected areas.
– Opening of Constituency Office which has Keep an open-door policy that is encouraging his constituents to direct their problems to him.
– Open information channels on real-time social network forums to disseminate information as promised during his campaign.
ON EMPLOYMENT CREATION
In a bid to reduce the number of unemployed youths and unemployed people in Ayedire/Iwo/Olaoluwa Federal Constituency, Hon. Amobi Yinusa Akintola has facilitated various training programme for the unemployed in his constituency to further their skills and let them create their own wealth in the following training:
– Training of 35 youths on fish feed and fish production at the Federal College of Fisheries & Marine Technology, Lagos. Anchored by Labatek Global Resources LTD
– Skill Acquisition Training of 16 Women and Youths on Soap Making, Perfume and Hypo making in collaboration with National Commission for Refugees, Migrants & Internally Displaced Person. Anchored by Red Trust Nig. LTD.
– Skill Acquisition Training of 80 Women and Youths on Soap Making, Perfume and Hypo making in collaboration with National Commission for Refugees, Migrants & Internally Displaced Person. Anchored by DUHIBA INFINITY NIG.LTD.
– Skill Acquisition Training of 200 Women and Youths on Tie & Dye, Beads Making and Hair Dressing in collaboration with National Institute for Cultural Orientation (NICO). Anchored by NICO staffs, Ilorin.
– Hon. Amobi has also offered targeted personalised help to people seeking employment through recommendation letters which the beneficiaries will be made know as soon as they gainfully employed.
ON EDUCATION AND SOCIAL SERVICES
– Facilitation of Federal College of Education Iwo, Osun State.
In a bid to better equip the students and to develop the educational standard of Ayedire/Iwo/Ola-Oluwa Federal Constituency, Hon. Amobi Yinusa Akintola has facilitated the contract for the printing of customized exercise books for various schools in Ayedire/Iwo/Ola-Oluwa Federal Constitutional which includes:
– 1080 dozens of customized printed 80leaves exercise books
– 1080 dozens of customized printed 60leaves exercise books
– Also, 1080 dozens of customized printed 20leaves exercise books
– Hon. Amobi also ensures that the 2020 budget creates space for enough provisions on the educational dividend in Ayedire/Iwo/Ola-Oluwa Federal Constituency.
– Sponsor a football club in Iwo which compete with other football clubs at the state level during the celebration of A year in office of Osun State Governor.
ON RURAL AND URBAN INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT
To revitalized the infrastructural decay and provide the new infrastructure that will ultimately trigger a chain of developmental activities for the constituency. Hon. Amobi has ensured that 2020 carries a needful infrastructural project in favour of Ayedire/Iwo/Ola-Oluwa Federal Constituency.
– Donation of over N250,000.00 to the Kuta Kingdom for proper electrification of electrical poles and cable affected by rainstorms.
– Bringing in officials for evaluation and the engineering design for Erosion Control and Road Improvement Works from the Presidency, Office Of The Secretary To The Government Of The Federation (SGF), Ecological Department to some affected places like Odo-Ogun in Kuta, Gbandu river road in Oluponna and Odo Eran, Odoori, Yidi-Oba in Iwo.
– Hon. Amobi took the responsibility of clearing hospital bills of diverse constituents
– Distribution of sanitization kits and nose cover to constituents in Ayedire/Iwo/Ola-Oluwa Federal Constituency.
In a bid to encourage and support farmers through Agricultural training, Hon. Amobi has achieved the following:
– Training of 50 farmers on the Importance of Biosafety to Agriculture in collaboration with the National Biosafety Management Agency. Anchored by Maltec Construction LTD.
– Hon. Amobi also ensures that the 2020 budget carried enough agricultural training programmes that will increase the knowledge of farmers and improve farming activities in Ayedire/Iwo/Ola-Oluwa Federal Constituency.
– Distribution of palliative to the vulnerable, less privileged, and the aged constituents in Ayedire/Iwo/Ola-Oluwa Federal Constituency.
Hon Amobi Yinusa has dotted some ‘t’ and dotted some ‘i’. Without a doubt the 365 days in office has been an eventful one. It is what we could describe as a better representation of Iwo Federal constituency at the National Assembly. We pray and hope Hon Amobi keeps the pace to fulfill all his campaign promises.